Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Whats it like to date a religious girl as an atheist?

Atheists/Agnostics, what do you think about dating a religious girl? Have you met a 'perfect' girl, yet she tried to force her religion onto you? Even if she did not care so much about religion, have you ever experienced her community/family disapproving of you because you were not a theist? What were your reactions and actions?




Woop hinduisms top, suck on that all other religions.

The last girl I dated turned out to be pretty religious and insisted on talking about it fairly often. I'm a rather "chill" atheist myself--I don't at all expect to convince people that there are no gods, so I don't try to. But when someone asks you why you're an atheist, it can be kind of hard to explain without sounding like you're trying to convert them.

I wouldnt have a problem dating a religious girl, as i dont discriminate. however, if she tried to push her religion on me, it would be a dealbreaker.

>implying such a pairing would ever occur for a anon.

Fortunately, as an atheist, I am free to act pragmatically and thus how I weigh the issue is the trouble of pretending to be religious vs the desirability of the girl in question.
Although really unless you're trying to hit up some hot fundie, it's probably not going to be an issue.

Religion is culture. Everyone's life is based on bullsh*t if you dig deep enough - why f**k someone over if they're content with their purpose in the world?
Only downside I can see is if your interests conflict with her worldview, so you can't share them with her.

Every single religious I dated has at least one really harsh parent. God, almost every dad of the girl is religious crazy, and wouldn't let anyone not of their religion to date their girl (not why we broke up though, but was irritating when I visited them).
Where can I find lax parents? Hell, I live in an upper middle class neighborhood... though it's pretty rich and full of republicans.
And no, none of them were muslim.

Woop hinduisms top, suck on that all other religions.

Hindus f**king suck. Them and their god damn terrorists and Funeral Pyres.

Athiest, married to a a chick who is into a lot of left-hand path type stuff.
Sh*t gets me hard, and it's kinda interesting, the symbolism is neat, but I don't see how she's made an entire belief system out of it. She respects my decision to disbelieve, and i don't care enough about other people's beliefs to give her any sh*t for it.

What's the problem? If their girlfriend/parents are really devout you just say you are a Catholic or whatever your parents raised you as.


Hindus f**king suck. Them and their god damn terrorists and Funeral Pyres.

we came top on the wheel so stfu. youre just buthurt you cant convert to hinduism cus its exclusive

Most girls I've dated for any stretch of time have shared my spiritual beliefs.. I mean, it's hard to have a really deep conversation with someone who's an honest fundie. I think it'd be hard to intellectually respect someone who was serious about religion.

I'm not really party of any religious kind of group and don't have any problems with people who are. My family has always celebrated Christmas for the gift giving part of it.

I would definitely date a religious girl, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't obsessively pick at her until she mad.

Most girls I've dated for any stretch of time have shared my spiritual beliefs.. I mean, it's hard to have a really deep conversation with someone who's an honest fundie. I think it'd be hard to intellectually respect someone who was serious about religion.

>I think it'd be hard to intellectually respect someone who was serious about religion.
Yeah, that's why I don't hit on a pretty hot and nice muslim chick I know. She's a real fundie. Also, she would never have sex with me, so f**k it.

I have never met a hot athiest/agnostic chick, and if they were hot, they were extremely f**king dumb.
All the smart ones were... theists. What the f**k.

One time I knew a girl named Mary, bitch was a f**king jew obsessed c**t, so I raped her in her sleep and when she woke up I told her God did it, now I'm a f**king saint my life is great

I think religion is freaking awesome :D

I'd date a religious girl as long as she wasn't annoying about her beliefs and didn't try to force them on me.

Catholic Girl.
Crazy Irish Motherf**ker father.
Got out of that sh*t. Unwillingly, but it was for the best.

Noe one has any advice for dealing with it?

Noe one has any advice for dealing with it?

Allow her to speak about her religion. Look at religion as spiritual guidance and not a cult to follow. Stop her when she gets to pushy, but don't be rude.

Noe one has any advice for dealing with it?

Be open minded and don't assume you know everything.
Really, that's all you can do.

So the religious symbols from the top, going clockwise are:
Hinduism
???
Taoism
???
???
Shinto
???
Judaism
Christianity
Islam
What are the question marks?

I've met 1 attractive agnostic girl [at least I think she was] but she got swept up pretty fast. She was really smart too, she was really logical and was very interesting to listen.

Hinduism
Sikhism
Taoism
Buddhism
Zoroastrianism?
Shinto
?????
Judaism
Christianity
Islam

So the religious symbols from the top, going clockwise are:
Hinduism
???
Taoism
???
???
Shinto
???
Judaism
Christianity
Islam
What are the question marks?

The one with the swastika is buddhism (it should be pointing anticlockwise, incidentally)

If she tried to force her religion on me, she wouldn't be my perfect girl. Just like if she was my perfect girl except for the fact that she was unwilling to go down on me she definitely wouldn't be my perfect girl.

A religious girl would probably be easier to manipulate, less likely to cheat on me and more likely to do as I say. Yes I would date one.

No comments:

Post a Comment